Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All About Eve

From: alec baker <alec@wessex.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 21:41:47 GMT
Subject: Re: All About Eve
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

blakflak@pitvax.pitzer.edu (It's really happening to ya...) wrote:

>I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the British band All About Eve,
>whose lead singer has similar musical leanings to Kate... They put out
>four albums that I'm aware of, along with a greatest hits and a live BBC
>album... since then, I've heard nothing of them...

>Does anyone know what became of them, or the lead singer, Julianne Regan?

Well, in short, they split up. Julianne has done very little since,
but a couple of weeks ago she released a new single "Mat's Prozac"
with her new band "Mice". An album is to follow shortly, but be
warned; the sound is quite different to AAE.

There is a mailing list for AAE discussion available, but at the
moment it's on the move to a new owner, I'll let you know the new
address when I have it (remind me if I forget!).

Incidentally, on a TV show some years ago, Julianne chose her
favourite videos. 'Cloudbusting' was one of them.