Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Warm MUSH Room

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 23:29:48 -0800
Subject: The Warm MUSH Room
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 ian.jackson@zetnet.co.uk (Ian Jackson) asks:

> I tried to visit the kate MUSHroom last night on Telnet.
>I entered the address 129.22.24.22 4021

I dunno if that's the right IP address; for those who like
names more than numbers, caisr2.caisr.cwru.edu 4201
works...  (I note you have the wrong port number, we'll
ignore that for now).

>I recieved a prompt : login

OK, if you entered the right port number (4201, not
4021), you would have been given instructions on what
to do on screen.  Here's the lowdown:

Type CREATE <name> <password>
(No, DON'T type the <'s or >'s!) where <name> is
what you want your name to be and <password> is
what you want your password to be.

Then the next time you log in, type:
CONNECT <name> <password>.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS on what to do
before doing this:

>I entered @tel#68340

NOTE:  Last time I checked (about a week ago), the whole
thing was down.  This is not uncommon with this MUSH - it
goes down more often than Madonna.  I was starting to
VRML-ize the whole thing when it went boom AGAIN, so I
decided to skip it and look for a platform that's more stable
(Nitro glycerine is more stable, for chrissake!), but the bare
bones are still there and pretty good, IMHO.

- Stev0 the virtual

"OK, remember, OK remember
that we have just allowed half an hour"
 - Planning for the next time TinyCRWU will crash again