Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ghosts on the Heath

From: KateKnight <103042.307@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Nov 1995 08:41:38 GMT
Subject: Ghosts on the Heath
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

             Summer is like a lost memory that lingers
             at the edge of a shared consciousness ...

             She and I met and laughed after our idea
             of Kate, wondered what The Lady was like,
             compared notes on the incredible effect
             the music - the art - had on both of us.

             Soon we were together, but only for a
             short time, and fell in love, and made
             promises as if in song, and held each
             other's souls too close to heart.

             Then she was gone, disappeared in doubt,
             or lost in the darkest shadows of fear.
             The love melted, like a refrain that
             fades at the end of a concept album ...

             We had one true thing in common: Kate.
             Only the music and the magic was not
             enough to keep these souls together.

             I am left with lyrics of hope and dreams
             that keep me company in the morning fog.

--
"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted."