Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: SPAM and HOTFP

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 15:29:29 -0600
Subject: RE: SPAM and HOTFP
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

been on the road in california.  tired.  two gigs
this weekend in two cities.  long evenings
ahead.    %-(

all of the spam has also shown up on the
technical lists i get such as comp-text-sgml.
it's just the price of freedom.  relax.

KK:  "What ARE you on?"

diet ginger ale.  it tastes like the real thing
and keeps the diabetes in check.

BTW:  for interested parties.  the next HOTFP
BLUPUS will require a copy of WebFX which
is a plug-in for Netscape 2.0.  You can
get these at www.paperinc.com.  They
are well worth the disk space.  sometime this
weekend or early next week (as i said, tired)
i'll post a file that lets you animate (sorta) your
collection of katePics in a display.  it's rather
easy to do and some fun.  the guys at Paperinc
really went out of their way to get this working.

many thanks to those of you who have pointed
out the kateSites where we can get materials for
this.  we should have a good vrml site for kate
up and running soon.  meanwhile we are
experimenting to get the right blend of complexity
and material for this media.  bandwidth on the
net is still a precious resource, so like a BBC
presentation (a la Dr Who) we have to make
words and cleverness work where otherwise
big budgets are the answer.  it is what i admire
in british productions.  they make the material
(the words and actor) work instead of special effects.
there is much to learn from that which is perfect
for VRML on The Net.  On a CD, of course, the options
are much better.  maybe next year.

cheers,

len
Len Bullard