Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate comic book

From: kln@a.crl.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 13:33:17 -0800
Subject: Kate comic book
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Comic books can generally be found at (gasp!) comic books stores, usually listed
in your local yellow pages.  I have had the questionable fortune of being
dragged through a number of Bay Area comic book shops by a dear friends who has
gone utterly mad for the things.  The Rock'n'Roll series seems to be
ubiquitious, and you can probably get the Kate issue for two or three bucks.  It
really does stink.

Utterly irrelevant info follows:

I warn you, (apologies to any comicheads amongst us) that the proprietors and
patrons of these stores can vary from mere dysfunctionals to outright
sociopaths. An interesting way to spend an afternoon.

More utterly irrelevant info:

An osprey just flew past my office window, maybe 8 to 10 feet from the end of my
nose.  I raced to the front balcony and it perched on the flagpole directly
across the street, mobbed by crows.  It was about 18 or 20 inches tall and
MAGNIFICENT! Since they nest on the Bay Bridge and the bridge is visible out my
window, it could be a local.  Also at this time of year the eagle and hawk
migration passes just off the coast.  A large number of birds find their way
into the city hunting pigeons.  I've seen the rare peregrine in my backyard.
Recent raptor counts have been extended to nighttime, and it was discovered this
year that owls also follows the big migration flyway past San Francisco.  Prior
to this it was not believed owls migrated.

I return you to your regularly scheduled board.

Karen  kln@a.crl.com