Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Comming of Arthur

From: Peter Fitzgerald-Morris <pfm@glass.jecsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 22:47:00
Subject: The Comming of Arthur
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello All,

You might be interested in the full story of the miscredit on the back
of "Hounds of Love"

At HOMEGROUND we got hold of an advance copy of the album sleeve in
late August 1985. Being already aware of the Arthurian connection from
something Kate had said to us some time earlier, I was keen to look up
the poem and get the full context. My first discovery was indeed that
Kate had credited the wrong poem, "The Holy Grail" rather than "The
Comming of Arthur"

We let EMI know, who told Kate, by phone in the middle of some
promotional interviews if memory serves.

There was time to change the UK vinyl lp covers, but not the CD
inserts.

When Kate was speaking to Dave Cross on the phone in early September
1985 she was extremely grateful.

--- Blue Wave/RA v2.10 [NR]
TGA/Jec Data Comms