Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Chart Performance In The U.S. and Other Things

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 20 Oct 1995 20:00:48 GMT
Subject: Chart Performance In The U.S. and Other Things
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

First of all,

     I'm sorry to hear we have lost a LoveHound due to our modern day,
Black Plague.  I'm new to the newsgroup but I'm still sorry to hear we
have lost somebody who made it a point to bring all of us extra treats.

     Second of all, I wanted to give chart information for whoever is
currently doing the FAQ for rec.music.gaffa.  I noticed that two albums
were listed as simply making the charts in the U.S.  Here's more specific
info I've gained from Joel Whitburn's Billboard's Music Yearbook 1984 and
from an article titled "Kate Bush Collectibles" that was published in
Goldmine back in August, 1991.  (It's a very resourceful article, by the
way, for those who want to find her on vinyl or double check your
discography histories.  Most interesting is the conclusion where Kate
announced that at the release of her album at the end of THAT year (try
1993), she was going to tour!  I tell you.  Whether intentional or not,
Kate teases us!)

The Dreaming peaked at number 157 in 1982 (Not bad, considering hardly
anybody in the U.S. knew her then).

Lionheart, which was finally released in Spring, 1984, just missed the
album chart, bubbling under at number 201.  (Billboard had "Bubbling
Under" charts back then.  I still don't understand why they chose to drop
them.)