Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katetopia - Total Tape Integration

From: jonl@ifi.uio.no (Jon-Terje Lilleby)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 18:53:32 +0200
Subject: Katetopia - Total Tape Integration
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Warm thanks goes out to everyone involved in this years tape-tree.
Special thanks to Andrew, Karen, jOHN, Diane and Wieland!

After watching Kate on Bio's Bahnhof last night on 3Sat (thank you
Uli for discovering that) I decided to make a complete Kate-night
out of it, and put the Katetopia tape in the VCR. That tape is
wonderful! Very enjoyable. One of the highlights is IMHO the parodies
by Faith Brown, especially "Wow" at the very start of the 'video'
where she spins around, just like Kate does, and finds herself with
the back to the camera when she is about to start singing.
Other highlights are the RockPop performances of Babooshka and
Army Dreamers and the performances from Sound In 'S'.

Of course it was a thrill to hear the fruitopia music for the first
time. The commercials are not the same as those two I've seen here
on norwegian TV, the visuals are similar but the music is different.

Jon
jonl@ifi.uio.no