Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Danielle Dax/Kate Bush

From: "rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu"@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 11:25:13 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Danielle Dax/Kate Bush
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Goddess in Training <rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 11:25:02 -0500
To: Richard Holmes <rholmes@CS.Stanford.EDU>

On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, Richard Holmes wrote:

> You mention a world serpent distribution list?  Is this a Danielle Dax
> related list, or something different.  I think DD is great!
>
> Thanks,
> Richard (bows to the  Goddess in Training)

World Serpent Distribution list (wsd-l) is Dax-related, although not
entirely.  WSD is the distributor of such groups as Danielle Dax, Current
93, Death in June, Nurse With Wound, etc.  Even though it's
semi-off-topic for the newsgroup, I'm going ahead and posting
subscription info on the list to the whole group just because I know from
experience that if I don't, I'll get about 50 emails asking me what the
info is.  Sorry in advance if this doesn't interest you.
--'--,-{@  --,--'-{@  --'--,-{@
Renee Rosen                   "Dear Mr. Manson, have you heard of or seen
rrosen@falcon.cc.ukans.edu     a man from Wisconsin by the name of Ed Gein?
Goddess in Training            You helped me discover The Beatles and Stones,
Astrud and Astarte on irc      but he turned me on to the beauty of bones."
LadyGodiva on the DivWeb                            --The Fibonaccis
                                            @}-,--'--  @}-'--,--  @}-,--'--

    subscribe wsd-l [<address>]
            Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) to wsd-l.
            The address will default to the address from which you are
            sending the request.

[various listkeeper commands deleted to save space]

If you have any questions or problems, please contact
"ListKeeper-Manager@HMC.Edu".

   Some possible coverage topics (well, my own areas of interest, anyway):

        1* Updates/reviews of new releases from WS-associated artists

        2* Maintaining a resource database including discographies,
           interviews, articles, etc.  I am already doing this to some
           extent. Extension to ftp/gopher or WWW might also be arranged.

        3* Updates of performances/concerts around the world

        4* A meeting place for collectors to discuss/price pertinent items.
           (this is by all means inclusive of L.A.Y.L.A.H. material)

        5* In-depth discussion of the philosophies, political leanings,
           artistic influences/whatever.  WS-associated artists draw
           heavily from pagan/magick/occult themes; some are heavily involved
           in resurrecting dada/surrealism within a musical context. Some
	   also have connections to the European New Right strain of political
           philosophy.  Is there a common current here?  What cultural
           archetypes are being tossed about?

        6* Possible discussion of WS-associated "cover artists" --  4AD has
           Vaughan Oliver; World Serpent has Babs Santini and Enrico
           Chiarparin. According to one respondent, "Babs Santini" ==
           Steve Stapleton.  Looking back at works by "both" artists, I
           think it's highly likely that they are the same person.  Except
           who did they get to pose as "Babs Santini" in the C93 TPM liners?

	7* (this should actually be priority 1 right now) -- Construction
           and maintainence of a FAQ for this list.

    "Categories strain, crack and break...      | Harvey D. Thornburg
     Step out of the space provided."           | hthornbu@osiris.ac.hmc.edu
          -Steven Stapleton (1979)              | dada_x@venom.st.hmc.edu