Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Some answers to yesterdays ?'s

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 95 01:00:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Some answers to yesterdays ?'s
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>	And finnaly Kate is an Extrovert...Kate is a Leo, that meens
>Flamboyant and Showey. Have you Seen live at Hammersmith Oden?? :)

   The much-maligned Fred Vermoral books actually have some very
interesting suppositions about Kate's personality. The general
impression from his interviews with her old schoolmates and friends
is of an *introvert*.

  Fred was of the opinion that *Kate* Bush is a creation of
*Catherine* Bush, a painfully shy, quiet person. My own opinion
is that Kate's talent was/is so great that it practically forced
her into the limelight. One of the most constant themes in
interviews is her belief that "the music is the most important
thing" that it should speak for it's self. Her original intention
was to simply be a songwriter, that she had no great desire to
be a performer.

   Believe in astrology grants one an amazingly flexibile interpetive
technique. If the person does not fit the inane idea that everyone
on earth can fit into one of a dozen types...well, they just claim
that some additional data is needed. "Of, of *course*! She has
a greebtharb rising!" (or some such.) Such nonsense may have had
some useful purpose in a simple farming society, but it's just
silly now.

>You will neaver see Kate with a man who isnt very handsom, and she
>rarely plays things down.

   Um...sorry, but you *really* don't know much about Kate. She has
been with the same guy for many years. Del is a very nice guy with
a great sense of humor, but..."very handsome"? As a hetrosexual
male I'm a lousy judge of male attractiveness but I've *never*
heard anyone, female or male describe Del as a hunk.

   As for "playing things down"...you just described an aspect of
practically every interview with her. She is *very* British.

>I think a lot of people loive Kate so much that they want to belive
>her like themselves.

   Well, this is a moment of personal clarity.

>I just like who she shows me she is.

   Please read as many interviews as possible. She is a far more
complex person than you apparently see.

Chris Williams of Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
chrisw@miso.wwa.com (his)
vickie@miso.wwa.com (hers)
"How perfectly goddammed delightful it all is, to be sure." - C. Crumb