Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Kate ever said anything about Tori?"

From: "URMILLER@cc.memphis.edu"@msuvx2.memphis.edu
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 1995 03:34:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: "Kate ever said anything about Tori?"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: Ross Marvin Miller <URMILLER@cc.memphis.edu>
Date: 2 Oct 95 03:34:37 -0500

   I don't believe Kate has ever acknowledged Tori's heavy influence, but
here's my theory.  If you listen to tori's first album, "Y can't Tori
read", you find nothing but trite glammy trash.  With "Little
Earthquakes" you hear nothing but theft.  I think Tori got a hold of some
of Kate's early demos and based her entire direction on those.  If you
examine closely the structure of the changes in the piano parts,  you see
some direct plagerism.  Listen to song's like "Keeping me Waiting"' and
"Davy" and you find the very basis for Toris style entirely.  I think
Tori has taken the beautiful and original music of Kate Bush and created
her brand of grotesque, negative, icon attack.  She is a child and I hope
she stays "Under the Pink".