Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush and Spirituality

From: Britta Cromwell <midnight@iglou.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 10:13:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Kate Bush and Spirituality
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

	What is Kates religious path??? In the song WOW she sings "Om
Mani Padme Hum, a buddist chant. In Waking The Witch , she is goin
throught past lives. In Lilly she sings of the four Archangels, and a
pinch of salt (salt is know to purify a space of worship, or temple). In
Strange Phenominon she sings of Psychic Intuition. In the Jig of Life she
sings of Palmistry, "Where on your palm is my little line..". The
Dreaming is about Aboriginies. The Kick Inside mentions the Greek god
Zues. In Rolling the Ball, she is all philosophy. Watching you without me
speaks of Ghosts..or out of body experiance (which her mother
experainced). In the video for Eat the Music Kate and african females
preform a voodoo ritual (flinging there hair) that is used to see visions
or get mounted (possessed by a god or goddess).
	I know Kate is very well read and ecclectic. But does she claim a
spirtual path? It is well known that Kate attended St. Josheph convent
grammer school. But I belive she grew past her roots, in religion. :)
						Kate Fan,
						  Banshee *------

A bit ago someone asked if Kate was Irish or English.... Weloll her
mother was irish and her father was from south Ockendon. She has some red
in  her hair (is it natural?). But her family is of Anglo-Saxon decsent.
							Kate Fan,
							 Banshee *------
"Give me the Banshee's
BV's."