Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's new home (was: Re: UK Kate spot...again.)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 05:45 CDT
Subject: Kate's new home (was: Re: UK Kate spot...again.)
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>POP STAR FINDS HER 3/4m ukp DREAM HOME
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Singer Kate Bush has splashed out 750,000 ukp on a secret dream home near
>Reading, it was revealed in the Reading Evening Post.
>
>The star has brought up a 14-bedroom mansion, which has been empty for the
>last 15 years, on the leafy outskirts of the town.
>
>Sources told the Post the 37-year-old performer, who leapt to fame with the
>chart hit Wuthering Heights in 1978, planned to spend another 2m ukp on
>doing up the property.
>
>Kate has visited the house several times in the last few months, to see how
>builders are getting on with converting the 160-year-old listed building.
>
>He said: "The property has been left empty for some time and needs a lot of
>work on it.  The building is listed so they are waiting for planning
>permission before they can carry out a lot of the work.  It will be another
>six months before anyone can move in."

   May I be the first to say -

 AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

   This is exactly what we didn't need to hear! (sorry that you were the
bearer of bad tidings Garrick.)

   Anyone remember the *last* time Kate moved? The insanely long period
of building a new studio? Do you think she's going to commute from Berkshire
to Kent every day to use the tiny old studio behind East Wickham Farm?

   Let's see...first she has to get the house in order...as it's a historic
house everything takes twice as long...double that for "kate-time"...then
she has to build the new studio...then she has to get the new garden in...
that'll take at least a year...

   Well, looks like a new album around 2000.

--
Chris Williams of Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
chrisw@wwa.com (His)  (New address)