Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: BBC Nationwide

From: hyuzt@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Steve Thomas)
Date: 4 Sep 1995 18:08:07 +0100
Subject: Re: BBC Nationwide
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <42dti8$cm6$1@mhafm.production.compuserve.com>,
	74557.664@CompuServe.COM (Richard Hamilton) writes:

>So what was the name of Kate's soundman? I to convence my wife
>that it wasn't Garth Brooks that thought of that. I had to did out
>my Hammersmith Odeon tape and show here. Gee if it wasn't for
>Kate!

I've missed all the recent discussions here due to my summer vac from uni., but
have stumbled on this post.

If you're talking about the soundman who died on the run-through for the 1979
tour, his name was BILL DUFFIELD. Kate remembers him in the song "Blow Away
(for Bill)" and also (I think) in "Moments of Pleasure" - I assume that he was
a bit of an all-round techie as she sings "Hey there Bill, would you turn the
lights up?"

Steve
--
University of Warwick English Cricketers' Union
The more you use it, the more lacklustre it gets