Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Really Frequently Asked Questions

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 15:38:12 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Really Frequently Asked Questions
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Just some observations...

>      Q:  What does "Gaffa" mean?
>      A:  Duct tape. [see also 1.1.]

There is a cockney (London slang) usage for "Gaffa" (well that's how
it is pronouced, more than "Gaffer" - like "wanna" than "Want to")
which means "a boss/supervisor/manager".

>      Q:  When is Kate's next album coming out?
>      A:  Your guess is as good as mine.

I calculated Nov 97 (going by the release dates of the others - excluding
boxed sets, collections, etc).

>      Q:  Even at length?
>      A:  Yes.  Well, don't go TOO far - posting multi-megabyte discographies is
>          frowned on (and yes, people have done that).  Use your judgement.
>          [see also 1.1.]

As long as they're not magazine listing either!

>      Q:  Can I even talk about Tori Amos?
>      A:  Yes, you can even talk about Tori Amos. [see also 2.2.]

Unless you wear a lampshade!

			Bryan Dongray

PS Can I suggest a quote on the end of the RFAQ:

	In my dome of ivory,
	A home of activity,
	I want the answers quickly,
	But I don't have no energy.