Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Numbers

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 21:05:49 -0700
Subject: Numbers
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I just ran across a Usenet news service on the
Web (Um, I forgot the URL but will tell you tomorrow
if you're interested) that has all sorts of funky
stats on every newsgroup.  Here's the stats for
our own r.m.g:

      Actual readers of this group: 266
      Average number of messages per day: 11
      Kilobytes per day: 23k
      Percentage of Internet sites who receive this group: 72%

What they DON'T say is how they arrived at these figures,
but it sounds about right (if the 266 sounds suspiciously low,
don't forget a large number of us read it through Lovehounds)

- Stev0 the numbered

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8"
- Kraftwerk or Sesame Street:  You decide