Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You say "very ill", and I say "buried here"...

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 05:17:59 -0400
Subject: You say "very ill", and I say "buried here"...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

 > Very clearly, the "reversed part" says, "AND they said they
 > were very ill."  The "and" is the giveaway.
 >
 > -- Carl

 > this is what Kate sings:  "They said they were buried here".
 > I have it saved if anyone wants a copy of it, I can make
 > it a System 7 sound or a .wav file.
 >
 > -- Jim

 > I remember the discussion on gaffa eons ago when the
 > conclusion is "And they said they won't let me in."
 >
 > -- Tippi

It feels like 1983 all over again! (And '84, and '85, and
'86, and...)

Please refer to IED's post of 8/24, which settles all the
above issues. IED doesn't recall which are the relevant
articles of the KBC Newsletter, but the problem was made
into an official ongoing Club competition (with a prize
for whoever pieced it together first), and after a couple
of issues or so the answer was revealed to be simply
"We let the weirdness in".  The likeness of the backwards
version of this phrase to "They said they won't let me in/
were buried here/very ill" is happenstance.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
   S         R        I