Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sat. Nite Live

From: kpd000@colum.edu (Keith DeWeese x422)
Date: 21 Aug 1995 14:57:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Sat. Nite Live
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"Robert Caldwell (LIS)" <caldwell@luna.cas.usf.edu> writes:

>Hi-
>Speaking of the Kate Saturday Night Live appearance, I read somewhere
>that her performance on the show was "controversial".  Anybody know why?

>Thanks,
>Rob C.

I recall this, too.  I remember reading that the show was controversial,
highly rated, and cut off from civilization by a jammed telephone
switch-board.  Also, I remember other comments, most likely spoken, that
Kate was viewed in terms of having a relationship with drug-use culture.

Sad that when a performer is unique an excuse other than original or
genius is viable.

Keith