Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Home Demos last track

From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 12:38:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Home Demos last track
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

Here's my latest interpretation - I decided to bring a little technology
to bear on the problem and sampled the track using my PC's SoundBlaster 16
card so I could play back sections repeatedly and slow it down to
half-speed for the tricky bits. I'm not at all sure about the last two
lines of the second bridge, though.

Now, how about the backing vocals?.....8-)

Scares Me Silly

 Here in the studio,
 As they're turning down the lights,
 I lick my lips to start the first line,
 How come they're scolding me?
 Oh, little thing, are you looking lost?
 The vertigo, the need to lose. [?]

     Oo-ooh...
     They try to trip me up, the tapes begin to spin,
     I feel a little sick and hold my notes again,
     I try to put it all into it for you,
     Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.

     They try to trip me up, the tapes begin to spin,
     I feel a little sick and hold my notes again,
     I try to put it all into it for you,
     Don't even know you but I need you to love me, too.

          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo,
          Scares me silly, but it gets me going,
          Like a Romeo,
          Scares me silly, gets me going.

 Swimming amid the cans,
 I wonder can I goad myself into another take,
 And keep the mood?
 It's like a film - such colours, [?]
 I close my eyes to the cello solo,
 ????? music,  [I think this might be one word rather than "And ??? the music"]
 will never let me go away.

     Oo-ooh,
     You know the feeling when you're on the right track,
     You fall in love and you're never gonna turn it back,
     It's recording your representative, [? - I definitely hear "...sentative"]
     Oozing without me spilling over with feelings. [??? - I don't hear a
                                          consonant before "oozing" ("using"?)]

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)