Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Grammy Awards

From: laganlove@aol.com (Lagan Love)
Date: 16 Aug 1995 06:40:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Grammy Awards
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

Kate wasn't even nominated for a Grammy until they added an "Alternative"
category. The category itself is vague and strangely flexible: some years
it's "Alternative Album" and other years it's "Alternative Record".  Kate
was nominated for "The Sensual World", the song not the album I believe.
If I recall correctly she lost to Sinead O'Connor (who was nominated in
the Pop category as well!).

I don't believe any of her video work has ever been nominated for a
Grammy. RUTH was nominated for an MTV video award (Best female) but lost.
Strangely MTV didn't really show the RUTH video until after it was
nominated (they tagged it "alternate version"), because for the song's
initial rotation they were using the Wogan version.

David