Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Roll-up, Roll-up! Getcha Lovely Marmite"

From: "R.L.Crane" <R.L.Crane@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 09:48:24 +0100
Subject: "Roll-up, Roll-up! Getcha Lovely Marmite"
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

So, here's my tuppence worth on........

> The Gr8 K8 Marmite Deb8

> We need the input of fellow gaffans to help settle this dispute
> once and for all.  Is it good?  Is it Bad?  How can *anyone*
> eat the stuff?  How can anyone *not* like it?

Well, really!   Even suggesting that Mar....hang on.....MARMITE could
possibly be bad is tantamount to heresy!

My name is Will and I'm a MARMITE-0holic.    I'm convinced that once
tasted even the Gods would forsake Ambrosia (although they make
lovely Rice Pudding and Custard) and Nectar in favour of this
fabulous yeasty spread!

On bread and butter, toast and with cheesy things, to enrich and
enliven soups, gravies and stocks.....MARMITE is the best thing
ever!   It full of the B vitamins and has plenty of iron so it's
really good for your blood and excellant as a vitamin supplement for
pregnant women (although frankly I'd like to see a pregnant man
once in a while)   You can have it as a drink - in fact I once saw in
a recipe book written by Monks that they drink it not only with hot
water but with hot milk, too!   I have to admit that this doesn't
really appeal to me but that's monks for you - trying to be like
God/ess, I guess........

MARMITE MARMITE MARMITE MARMITE MARMITE
LOVELY!     LOVELY!    LOVELY!    LOVELY !    LOVELY!

And Kate likes it, too........always knew she had splendid taste!
Hurrah for My Mate Marmite,
Peace, Love, Freedom and Yeast Extract

Will Yum!

"I'm The Yummer Yummer Man