Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KATEMAS IN NEW JERSEY

From: lakrahn@imho.net (Laurel Krahn)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 23:37:32 -0500
Subject: Re: KATEMAS IN NEW JERSEY
To: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>, love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: ecto@ns2.Rutgers.EDU

At 10:31 PM 7/18/95 -0400, THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE wrote:
[regarding Katemas in New Jersey]

>NOTE #2:  When you RSVP, please let us know whether you'd be interested in
>adjourning to Hoboken to see Boiled In Lead at Maxwell's (much) later on in
>the evening.  Majority will rule, but be warned that woj and meth have already
>registered two resounding "yes!" votes. :)

Boiled in Lead may not be a band that springs to mind when one thinks of
Kate (or Happy), but I'd strongly encourage folks to check them out.  :-)

This is the tightest lineup the band has ever had... I've been blown away by
recent performances.

Don't let the name of the band, ignorance of the band, or any other factors
keep you from seeing the show.  This is probably the only act I can say
*everyone* I've sent to see them has enjoyed.  They're that good.  (I've had
friends who were underwhelmed by their recordings, wary because they didn't
think they'd like the music I described, put off by the band name, not in
the mood to see a show, etc... they all came away terribly impressed.)(and
kicked themselves for ever missing anyof their shows.  :) )

Whether playing acoustic traditional shows (featuring music from all over
the world, and originals)... or rock shows at top venues throughout the
world.  It's an inspired band.  Fiddle, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals... with
occasional dulcimer (yes, electric dulcimer can truly rock the house.
Honest.), mandolin, and other sundry instruments.  Celtic, Middle Eastern,
Traditional, Blues, Rock, originals...

Energy.  Award-winning.  Players who excell individually, yet have great
chemistry together. Not to be missed.  In My Humble Opinion.

For further info, you can check out these sites...
(or track down any of their 5 CD's)

Official Boiled in Lead web site is at:
http://www.omnium.com/pub/omnium/bil/bil.html

Leadheads Page (mailing list for fans of Boiled in Lead) is at:
http://www.player.org/leadheads/home.html

Bestest,
Laurel (lakrahn@imho.net) Krahn
Virtual Home:  http://www.iw.net/~lakrahn/
IMHO Productions-- Internet Consulting & Web Design