Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Collaborations boot

From: "Baxter, Jim" <baxterj@wdni.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 95 08:58:00 PDT
Subject: Collaborations boot
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 37 TEXT

Collaborations  must have just hit the market.  I picked up a copy for
$25 and it was definitely worth it.  It takes songs that I've been
looking for , mostly from the Can bootleg series, I think, or just the
original versions.  The track listing is as follows:

1. Sing Children Sing - with Lesley Duncan.  from vinyl.
2. Rainbow Games - B-side to above.
3. Another Day
4. The Man with the Child in His Eyes - With Peter Gabriel - sounds like
it s from the _Angel s on Earth_ boot.
5. The King is Dead - with Go West - from vinyl
6. Once - with Roy Harper.
7. Don t Give Up - live with PG.  Same as _This Woman s Live Work_ version.
8. Let it Be - trades vocals with David Gilmour (who also plays guitar).
9. Flowers - with Zane Griff - from vinyl
10. You (The Game, Part III) - with Roy Harper
11. Do Bears - with Rowan Atkinson - still omits the intro of Rowan
talking about how bad life is.
12. The Seer - with Big Country.
13. The Kick Inside - with Julie Covington and Richard Thompson - Kate is
rumored to be on this cover version.
14. This Woman s Work - listed as a  bonus  track, stating that no
soundtrack for _She s Having a Baby_ was released and this song is rare.
Well, someone just took the movie and dubbed the audio of this part.
Being that I have the soundtrack, I truly feel that they are mistaken.

I would have to highly recommend this CD unless one already has all of
the songs.

Question:  I saw a compilation CD called Theodore with has  Be Kind to My
Mistakes  on it.  I don't suppose that this version is any different than
the one on the Box set, is it?

                                Thanks,

                                Jim