Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Big World Party suggestion!

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 1995 12:39:53 -0700
Subject: Big World Party suggestion!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

With all the Katemas parties going on, may I suggest
connecting them all electronically?

When at the party, why not connect it through the
Gaffa room of EctoMush (A subsidary, for now, of
TinyCWRU).

Hosts of the various parties:

BEFORE THE PARTY (preferably a few days before),

1. Make sure you can Telnet.
2. Telnet caisr2.caisr.cwru.edu 4201
3. Create a character there, do all the New User
   Stuff you have to do (assuming you don't
   already have a character on TinyCWRU).
4. When done with step #3, type @tel #91468 to
   get to the Gaffa room.  Explore it to see what's
   around!

AT THE PARTY:

1.  Telnet caisr2.caisr.cwru.edu 4201
2.  @tel #91468
3.  Make sure someone watchs the terminal.  It doesn't
    have to be constant, but if you don't do anything
    you'll time out after an hour.

This way, you can tell folks what's happening at your
party, and find out what's happening at others, IN
REAL TIME!  Not only that, if someone can't get to a
party, they can still do the above and "virtually" be there!

For bonus points, if this is successful (and I have my doubts,
what with time differences and everything, but it's worth a
shot), someone could capture a session of this and post it
so folks will know what the party/ies was/were like!

- Stev0 the party boy

P.S.  I know the Bay Area party will be at Bill Wisner's.
Fine.  Now, where's Bill Wisner's place?  And when will it
be?  (I ask in public because Bill is not answering his email)