Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT Video awards

From: Garrick Twinney <G.Twinney@plymouth.ac.uk>
Date: 15 Jul 95 11:10:53 GMT
Subject: KT Video awards
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi KT-ites.

Well, here goes:

1. best overall video

Ah-ha.  Off to a difficult start.  Now, let's think...

Well, I love 'Suspended in Gaffa' but that can be awarded for #5.
This is more difficult than I thought, so much to choose from.  Yes,
let's be definate about this.  I award SiG the title of best vid'
over all.

2. best video "early years" (1978-1980)

'The Man With The Child...'  So simple but oh, so beautiful.  It
helps that this is one of my favourite songs :)

3. best video "glory years" (1981-1987)

Err, probably 'Sat In Your Lap' if I can't say SiG for fear of
repeating myself.

4. best video "quiet years" (1988-1994)

Two this time.  Either 'Love and Anger' or 'The Sensual World'.

5. best hairdo

Easy!  'Suspended in Gaffa'

6. best costume

Another easy one.  'Experiment IV'

7. best dance

Bit tricky this one.  Probably RUTH or 'Hammer Horror.'

8. best special effects

'Experiment IV' again or maybe 'The Dreaming.'

9. worst video

Something really cringe worthy from the early years, something that
Kate would hate us to see ;) 'Black Dress Wuthering Heights' or
worse...

10. song you wished there was a video for

The whole of 'The Ninth Wave' does this count?  If I have to be more
specific then, well, let's see now.  How about 'In the Warm Room'? ;)
Seriously (why?) I'd love to see a video for 'Symthony in Blue' given
today's special effects etc.  Or maybe a video for 'Rocket's Tail'
could be fun.

11. best head apparel (hat)

'Sat In Your Lap', not too dificult that one.

12. favorite "guest" artist

Miranda!!!

And a whole new catagory just so I can mention "This Woman's Work"

13.  Best song used in a film (Nothing from TLTCTC)

'This Woman's Work'

Another catagory.

14. Best film with a KT connection.

Brazil.  (Most excellent film)

Disclaimer.

The above reflects my current state of mind.  My entire selection
could change at any time.  Probably after I see the videos next I'll
think 'how on earth could I have forgotten that one?!!'  Like having
to choose a KT top 10 for the convention these lists are never
stable, changing with mood and what ever my most recent exposure to
Kate has been.

---
Garrick Twinney         'We all share the same air' - Kate Bush
gtwinney@plymouth.ac.uk
g7lfw@gb7pab.#44.gbr.eu

P.S.  My Finnish pen-pal wanted me to explain the meaning of
'Suspended in Gaffa' to her, claiming that the words were confusing
to her! <grin>