Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Garrick Twinney <G.Twinney@plymouth.ac.uk>
Date: 8 Jul 95 13:05:57 GMT
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

> Hallo,
>

> this one is from the new HOMEGROUND:
> Heidi Steward, Haworth, Yorks, UK  wrote:
>
> "I wondered if you could solve a long-standing mystery. At the end
> of "You're the One" when Kate sings "Sugar?...Honey?...Sugar?" after
> this does
> she also sing "treacle"? I reckon she does but so far only one other
> person
> has agreed with me. I don't think it'll bring out a new dimension to
> the
> song or change any views on Kate, but it's just something that needs
> verifying, that's all."
>
> Listen again. Any idea? Or solved long ago?

Oh hello, Heidi Stewart here.
                      ^

I'm not actually able to e-mail anyone  coz I don't have access to an
account and I'm not keen with a computer really. A friend of mine
who does have access, told me about my letter being mailed to the
group, and seeing as though I'm staying at his house at the moment I
thought I'd take advantage of this privelage(?).  I thought I'd
better add, that this letter was written a long time ago and it was
just a little thing I noticed one day. I didn't expect it to get
printed, I suppose I was trying to be a bit of a clever cloggs.
Do things like this have to be taken so seriously?  Okay, it's a
saaad song, I thought that little cheeky twist at the end lifted it a
bit, made it a bit more fly-away, y'know (sorry, just stirring!!).
I'll tell you where I think it is. It's after the last, "sugar?" but
quite a way after it, nearer the end.  It's sung a lot lower than the
 "sugar?...honey?...sugar?" bit...get those headphones on and
listen a little harder.  I'm really sorry for wasting the time of
all those millions who aren't really interested (I thought I'd better
say that coz Garrick said I'll get flamed), it's Oh so trivial and so
much so that I'm saying nothing more about it.  ( by the way, I'm only
17 and so can get away with being so blummin' daft, that's _my_
excuse).  TA.

-Heidi xxx