Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:Exactly Why Nuking Is a Bad Idea

From: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 00:49:44 +0200
Subject: Re:Exactly Why Nuking Is a Bad Idea
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

On Fri, 7 Jul 1995, Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan writes:

>Unfortunately, there are other problems as well.
>
>The ads fall into four classes:
[Paragraphs deleted..]

And Stev0 the dilletante writes:

>WHAT TO DO ABOUT THESE JERKS:
[proper suggestion]

I humbly stand corrected.

What can I say? I lost my temper and didn't concider any implications.
If we started to nuke an E-mail account that had been taken off-line,
their mail-daemon would only bounce the mail, thus wasting a massive
amount of bandwidth.

Music is like vintage wine. It keeps getting better over the years,
if those who made it knew how to make it right...

Mikael Jakonen
                                            mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se
                                                   a94mikja@ida.his.se