Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Turkish Delight again

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 03:17:16 -0700
Subject: Re: Turkish Delight again
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Wed, 5 Jul 1995, Wieland Willker wrote:

<snip>

>"...
> introducing it as 'the new Kate Bush single' (yet another one). We thought
> it sounded like Faith Brown doing an impression of Pamela Stephenson doing
> an impression of Kate on a bad day. ..."

> To me it sounds even now rather good, but: okay ...(blah, blah, blah...)

Okay, you said that it sounded good, and they said that it sounded
bad =relative to real Kate Bush=.  So you're not necessarily in
disagreement here.  You might both agree that "Well, it's good, but
relative to Kate Bush...." :-)

Of course, there are =some= people in this conference who could
probably listen happily for hours to a loop of Kate sneezing.  The
remainder would be saddened that Kate ever suffered through a
sneeze. :-)

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>