Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You're the One

From: willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 09:17:13 +0200
Subject: You're the One
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hallo,

this one is from the new HOMEGROUND:
Heidi Steward, Haworth, Yorks, UK  wrote:

"I wondered if you could solve a long-standing mystery. At the end of
"You're the One" when Kate sings "Sugar?...Honey?...Sugar?" after this does
she also sing "treacle"? I reckon she does but so far only one other person
has agreed with me. I don't think it'll bring out a new dimension to the
song or change any views on Kate, but it's just something that needs
verifying, that's all."

Listen again. Any idea? Or solved long ago?

To me Robert Mills contribution on "You're the One" (page 25/26) is
outstanding:
-But you're...
-Yes?
-You're going to sing that song again, aren't you?
-Yes, I have to. We're getting to the end again.
-Please... don't.
-You only have to press the button to stop me.
-You know that I can't.
-Yes, I know.
-Everything I've ever done, I did it with you.
-You don't have to tell me. I know everything now...
-I miss her, Kate...
-Hush, now. Listen.

 Wieland