Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Turning Japanese

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 12:10:50 -0700
Subject: Turning Japanese
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin) says:

>--- Michel Schonewille wrote:
>The cd salesman is willing to sell the two cd's TWW seperately
>if the other cd's are exactly the same as the 'conventional'
>ones (including 'books').
>Does anybody know if this is the case ?
>
>Regards, Michel.
>--- end of quoted material ---
>Hi Micheal;
>
>   Unfortunately, some of the booklets are different...
>Well, at least according to my collection.

As for the Japanese boxed set, ALL the booklets are different,
since they lyrics are printed both in English & Japanese, as
well as liner notes (printed, unfortunately, in Japanese only).

>The Kick Inside:   both CDs are the same
>Lionheart:          "    "   "   "   "
>The Sensual World:  "    "   "   "   "  (Canadian pict CD)
>Never For Ever:    boxed set lacks lyrics
>The Dreaming:        "    "    "     "
>Hounds of Love:      "    "    "     "

It has lyrics for ALL CD's, including the two "bonus" disks.
The CD's themselves are plain black, with bare-bones info
given ("Kate Bush", (Name of album), copyright info, track
listing)

>BTW:  The Never For Ever CD found in the Japanese boxed
>      set has a different cover.  It's actually a "blowup"
>      of the lower right hand portion of the original cover.

Actually, it has TWO covers, one page of the booklet on top
of the other.  The "top cover" is what you described above,
and the "second cover" is the one we all know and love.

Also, The lyric book has snips from the album lyric sheet
artwork but, unfortunately, not the part with the "TK".

The cover for TKI is the Japanese one (cropped leotard shot).

- Stev0 the boxer

P.S. Welcome back, Graham, it's great to have you again!
We didn't recognize you with a .sig that's shorter than your
actual post!