Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Raspberry Beret

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 20:06:12 -0700
Subject: Raspberry Beret
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In the latest Consumer Reports, they rate iced teas.  They
have a graph rating Rasberry-flavored teas (RFTs), but
don't mention Fruitopia.

General comments:

Their best-rated RFT?  Nestea (With a helpful note saying
it's discontinued).

The best-rated that's still being made?  Arizona (which
I agree with.  This stuff is Beverage of The Gods).

In my opinion, Fruitopia RFT is the one flavor EVEN BETTER
than the Snapple counterpart (Which came in 4th in CU's
study).  For one thing, it actually has LESS sugar!

In a semi-related note, watch out for those Fruitopia
prices!  At a local supermarket, they have it in three
formats:  A vending machine outside, by the single bottle,
and in 4-packs.  You'd think the 4-pak would be the cheapest
per bottle, followed by the in-store bottle, with the vending
machine being most expensive.  But the Vending machine price
is 75 cents, the in-store price 79 cents, and the 4-pack
is $3.29 (82 1/4 cent per bottle - over seven cents more than
the vending machine - and in the machine, it's already cool!)

- Stev0 the Frugal Gourmet

"You won't get me with your arsenic - in the pot of tea!"