Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT and Rush

From: sundiver@ix.netcom.com (Alan )
Date: 26 Jun 1995 23:38:20 GMT
Subject: Re: KT and Rush
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <QQyvup21512.199506261455@relay3.UU.NET>
JWALKER.ENG-MAIL@SMTP.INTECOM.COM (Walker, John) writes:

>Just wanted to mention that I am also a major Rush fan.  Rush fans who
>appreciate the 'prog' side of their work as opposed to the 'metal'
side
>seem to take to KT right away.  I got my bass player buddy who's a
huge
>Rush fan into KT by loaning him HoL.  My little brother (who is
probably
>the world's #1 Geddy fan) became a KT fan when I brought home all my
KT
>disks on vacation one year and made him listen to them.
>
>Tell your girlfriend to lay off Ged - he is the man!  Have you played
her
>any
>more recent Rush?  Ged's vocals are a lot less mechanical and better
>produced these days.  On Counterparts he even sounds like he's
>enjoying himself.  He'll never be Micheal Bolton or Luther Vandross,
but
>if he was I wouldn't like him.

Amen!  Add me to the list of Rush/Kate fans.  Of course, my interest in
Rush predated that of Kate by several years.  But, considering the
massive amount of radio exposure that Rush gets (compared to Kate),
that isn't very surprising...

BTW, I am always wanting to learn about groups/musicians that I didn't
know of before.  I don't want to clutter up the newsgroup with replies,
but if anyone here wants to e-mail me their OTHER favorites (besides
Kate), I would like to hear about it.

Alan