Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: birdie@netcom.com (Kathleen Ostridge)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:08:12 GMT
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

BENJAMIN PETERS (bp007@un.seqeb.gov.au) wrote:

: Like I said, nothing to do with Kate, but an interesting point none the
: less.  Are there any Kate, Tori, Anne Rice/vampire fans out there?  Love to
: here from you.

Kate should *definitely* do the music for Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour"
whenever Geffen and/or Warner Brothers gets aroung to producing the the
film of it.

I've found the Nineth Wave to be *VERY* "Witching Hour". Waking the Witch
always reminds me of Lasher. I've put the word into Geffen, WB, and Anne
Rice herself about Kate for TWH,...but who only knows what could happen.
Anne had never heard Kate, so I sent her a few CD's and the video of the
line, cross - curve. I do not know what Anne's reaction was to hearing
Kate But...they have the same taste in films and books.

Anne sent out in one her newsletters about how hard it is to get a video
of The Innocents - from the Henry James novel- which inspired Kate's The
Infant Kiss. I guess you just have to tape it off the TV.

Kate could do a song inspired by one of Anne's novels - I mean, it seems
to be such a natural.

Does anyone know if Kate has read any Anne Rice.

They really ought to get together tea sometime.

Birdie
--
"A few more trips around the sun & my face will look like a fault map!"

                                                  - birdie@netcom.com