Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

news from japan

From: Yamamoto Sozo <sozo@isl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:47:59 +0900
Subject: news from japan
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Two Kate related facts I've noticed.

* The Fruitopia Ad *

The Fruitopia ads began to roll in Japan.  I first noticed it
at the end of April for my great surprize.  It took about a month to
see the clip again, but now, with the arrival of summer season,
the ad is more prominent than before.

There seems to be only one version.  All 5 times I heared the same music,
which I cannot identify Kate's work or not.

The product are not widely distributed yet.  I've never find one
in shops.

* Wuthering Heights for TV program title *

Another surprise.
A Japanese TV program titled `KOI NO KARASAWAGI'[Much Ado About Love]
uses a short segment from `Wuthering Heights' song for its opening title.
The beginning part, from introduction up to `like my jealousy', is
heard.
The program is broadcast weekly on Saturday 23:00-23:30 on NTV(Nippon
Housou) network.

The contents of the program is rather silly.  Hosted by a famous
comedian Akashiya Samma, girls around 20 years talk about their
experiences and views about love, for some given topic such as
"When do you find your boy friend most cute," or  "Giving presents."

I've noticed this fact from a post in Japanese newsgroup fj.rec.music
asking `Who's that strange high-tone voice?'

--	sozo@isl.mei.co.jp
--	YAMAMOTO Sozo