Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW-CD-Source

From: Robb McCaffree <NSRJM@NURSEPO.MEDCTR.UCLA.EDU>
Date: 14 Jun 1995 07:01:26 GMT
Subject: Re: TWW-CD-Source
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Vol."live" has several live recordings including the unexpected live
> appearance at the Peter Gabriel Concert in London 1987 with overwhelming
> applause.=20

I have this CD and I must say this particular track is hilarious. When
Kate appears singing 'Don't Give Up' she only gets the word "Don't"
out before being engulfed by surprised applause and enthusiastic
'whooping!' It was obviously recorded, somewhat poorly, by someone in
the audience.

Other tracks include 'Moments of Pleasure' (actually not live, but
lifted from 'The Red Shoes' CD with applause added to beginning and
end) 'The Wedding List' (with the line "He swooned in warm ma...doom"
because apparently "...roon/There's gas in my barrel and I'm flooded
with...(doom)" was too damaged to include) and several tracks you can
now get from the 'Live at Hammersmith Odeon' CD/Video (except for
'James and the Cold Gun' which runs about 9 minutes here).

BUT...all that being said, it IS worth it for 'Under the Ivy' 'The Man
With The Child' 'Them Heavy People' and a different version of
'Wuthering,' none of which are available on CD elsewhere. Anyone know
how to get the 'alternate live' version of 'Egypt?'

	Robb