Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

messages in runout groove (rather long)

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 13 Jun 1995 11:50:13 GMT
Subject: messages in runout groove (rather long)
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello lovehounds;

Someone recently asked about the "secret messages" that are etched near
the
runout groove of UK released vinyl.

I went through my collection (one by one) and with the help of the
 Illustrated Collector's Guide To Kate Bush, here's what I found:

It seems that only the UK releases have these messages.

Format  title                   Side   Message

7"      Wuthering Heights        A     Remember the whales
        The Man With The Child   A     The Child Hides In The Light
        Hammer Horror            A     We are all playing a hunch
        Wow                      A     Thank You Emily
        Breathing                A     We all share the same air
                                 B     Happy anniversary to the P's
        Army Dreamers            A     Life Is To Love
        December Will be magic   A     Happy Christmas
        Sat In Your Lap          A     Well Done JB 1st Dan
                                 B     Thank You Donovon
        The Dreaming             A     For Rolf
        Running Up That Hill     A&B   Townhouse
        The Big Sky              A&B   Townhouse
        The Big Sky (pic. disc)  A&B   Orlake
        Cloudbusting             A     for Peeps
        Hounds Of Love           A     Woof!     &     Cooperman
                                 B     Townhouse
        This Woman's Work        A     Up yours Ugly!
                                 B     Townhouse DMM
        This Woman's Work        A     up yours ugly!    &    orlake
            (pic disc)           B     Q.    &    orlake
        Rubberband Girl          A&B   Jamont

12"     Hounds Of Love           A     Woof!
                                 B     Townhouse
        The Big Sky              A&B   Townhouse
        Cloudbusting             A&B   Townhouse
        Experiment IV            A&B   Townhouse
        Love And Anger           A     Townhouse
                                 B     Q.
        The Sensual world        A     (no room because of double
groove)
                                 B     Penthouse
        This Woman's Work        A&B   Townhouse
        Moments Of Pleasure      A     Alive and Kicking
        Rubberband Girl          A     Whack It On

LP      The Kick Inside          A     Remember Yourself!
        Hounds Of Love           A&B   Townhouse
        The Red Shoes            A     For H

This list is NOT complete 'cause I don't have all the UK releases on
vinyl.

Can someone out there please complete the list?   Thanks.

I also checked interview picture disc and most had "orlake".  Perhaps
Orlake
is the name of the company that manufactures picture discs??

I also found "Precision SM"  on the 7" US release of Hounds Of Love.  I
don't
think this has anything to do with Kate.

what's this "townhouse" all about?

peace

ron

P.S.  Uli:  Should this be included in the FAQ?