Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Dreaming on radio

From: Glen Ford <glen@olc.interlog.com>
Date: 9 Jun 1995 13:59:52 GMT
Subject: Re: The Dreaming on radio
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
To: drk@leland.Stanford.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

drk@leland.Stanford.EDU (David Koehler) wrote:

>Thursday, as part of the "retro nooner", CFNY (102.1) Toronto played the
>song The Dreaming.  The theme of the noon show was dreams, and the DJ
>remarked that this was one of her favorite Kate songs, and talked about
>the video too!  What a great city!  I wish we had radio this good where
>I spend most of my time, the SF Bay Area.
>

>cheers,
>      David R. Koehler                    "Just being alive --
>   drk@leland.stanford.edu                 it can really hurt"   Kate Bush
You just noticed something that a lot of TOers take for granted.
I used to listen to CFNY 102.1 when I lived in the Toronto
(Ontario Canada) area. I must admit, there is not another
radio station quite like it anywhere. No other stations go out
on a limb to play music that is either not in the top 40, or not
considered a rock/pop classic.

I really miss CFNY since I moved to Saulte Ste Marie. People up
here don't have a clue who Kate Bush is!!! They listen to country and
western (CNFY - sic) or rock/pop music from the 50s, 60s and 70s!

Oh well, I have CDs of Kate (and Tori).

Perhaps someday the cable company up here will carry a real MUSIC
station like CFNY.

Regards,

Glen Ford