Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ==>FREE 1yr MagazineSub sent worldwide-314 Popular USA Titles

From: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 07:11:54 +0200
Subject: Re: ==>FREE 1yr MagazineSub sent worldwide-314 Popular USA Titles
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

In a posting Iouann095@aol.com forwards(?):

parts deleted

>Hi, my name is Karen Rogers and I recently started using a magazine
>subscription club in the USA that has a FREE 1 yr. magazine subscription deal
>with your first paid order- and I have been very pleased with them.    They
>have over 1,500 different USA titles that they can ship to any country on a
>subscription basis.  They saved me a lot of money on my Economist
>subscription:  over $40 off the best subscription price on I had seen
>anywhere else and they got me a great deal on USA Today newspaper, which
>arrives the same day as the cover date.  (I still don't know how they manage
>to do that!)
>
>They will send you some FREE info. via E-mail (the short version (around 40K)
>of their catalogue, or if you request it the DELUXE LONG VERSION (around
>400K-big and juicey) !)...if you fill out the form below.

This is the first time I've seen this kind of ad. It makes me think
about a story I heard (though I'm not 100% sure it was true) a while ago,
of someone getting punished by the 'Net-community for sending inappropriate
ads to news-groups.

I'm using modem with a dial-up connection and pay additional fees to get
access to internet, and as long as my Digest is filled with Kate-related
stuff I don't mind. That includes hearing about other artists like Tori,
Sarah, Happy, etc.

But this ad makes me wonder... Shouldn't we decide about some course of
action (or is it presumed that one does it by oneself)?
Or if this posting is concidered valid: could someone E-mail my and explain
why?

KaTe realated:

Since I only have the original 7 albums, and no singles, could someone tell
me when "December will be Magic Again" was released? It appears frequently
in Love-Hounds-Collection, and is wonderful...

// Mikael

mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se