Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fruitopia, Fake Student Marketing Tactics

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 10:53:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fruitopia, Fake Student Marketing Tactics
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I saw one of the iced tea Fruitopia ads last night, but was disappointed
when I realized they used the same music as one of the original ads.
Those of you who are sampling Fruitopia and finding it to be sugar-water,
well, we warned you!  But those who are disappointed in Kate's 30-second
jewels of musical enlightenment, tsk! tsk!  Thirty lashes with wet Marmite!

and

Oh no, not the "I'm only a student, please don't completely clog up my
e-mail system with four gazillion copies of "The Garden" in revenge for
me taking up 68% of your digest space with moronia" tactic.  Student my
ass.  How stupid do they think people are?

Isn't there any way to keep that stuff out of the digest?  We keep the
FAQ out except for changes . . . Bill?  Anyone?

Karen  kln@crl.com