Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT Recipe!

From: Emily <ejh1003@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 15:36:39 +0100 (BST)
Subject: KT Recipe!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

  This might be old news, but I found the recipes for KT's favourite meal
  in Delia Smith's book. As we all know Kate's a vegetarian, and
  apparently her sister-in-law Judith created these recipes especially for
  her. So now we can all cook KT Special for dinner....

  Soften 8oz onions in a heavy pan for two minutes, then add 6oz of chopped
  carrots for another two mins, then add 8oz mushrooms, 6oz green peppers
  chopped and 12oz ripe tomatos quartered. Then add 2.5 tablespoons of
  sunflower seed oil and some salt and freshly ground pepper, turn the heat
  down low, put a lid on and let the vegetables steam in their own heat for
  20-25 minutes. You can also add some curry spices or chilli at this point
  if you're feeling experimental....

  Combine in a bowl 4 inches-worth of cucumber cut into strips and then
  thinly sliced (ie, as small as possible), 10oz of natural yoghurt, the
  juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon of snipped chives and salt to taste.

  Take 2oz sunflower seeds and 2oz sesame seeds and toss them in 1
  dessertspoon of soy sauce. Then spread out evenly on the bottom of a
  shallow heatproof dish and grill for 4 mins, shaking dish occasionally.

  So.... cook some rice to serve with the vegetables, pour over the
  cucumber and yoghurt sauce and sprinkle with the toasted seeds. Yummy!
  Let me know how it works out if you try it....

  Emily