Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Marvin Gaye Tribute

From: gallamw@mollybloom.msfc.nasa.gov (Mike Gallaher)
Date: 30 May 1995 18:55:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Marvin Gaye Tribute
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kate's "Sexual Healing" on the forthcoming Marvin Gaye tribute CD?

Dream on, gang.  "Kate"'s version of "Sexual Healing" was providing vocals
(since I didn't hear it, I don't know if they were lead vocals or backing
vocals) to someone else's rendition, that someone being a fellow whose
name I cannot recall, that someone being far too obscure to make it onto
a high-profile Marvin Gaye tribute album  (although if Kate provided lead
vocals, perhaps it could be marketed as a "Kate Bush" song).  But even if it
were Kate's version, does anyone really think she'd have the clout to snag
what will surely be the plum track on this tribute album?