Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

boots and planes

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 13:01 +1200
Subject: boots and planes
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

     Here's a helpfull hint for all you lot interested in CD boots. From
     what I've seen everyone seems to be paying around $US20-30 for boots.
     Well, you'll be pleased to know that there's a mail order company in
     Germany that are much cheaper. I recently bought This Womans Live Work
     and Angels on Earth for $US29.45 the pair (Passing through Air still
     to arrive at $US15). For orders over $US100 you get another 20% off.
     For this part of the world (ie NZ) registered post is $US18 for up to
     3 CDs. If you want to know more (I don't have a catalogue), talk to
     Vinyl Virus PO Box 1164, 76698 Ubstadt-Weiher, Germany. Fax
     +49-(0)7251-69459. They aren't on E-mail, and don't take credit cards.

     To change subjects, I was listening to Jefferson Airplane's 1968
     number "We can be together" and thought it sounded much like Kate's
     "I'm still waiting". Anyone care to comment? Was Kate influenced by
     Airplane? (err..aeroplane?), or was she a bit careless with some of
     her drafts when visiting San Francisco as a child?

     Bye for now, sorry about the cup chaps!