Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Maniacs! Yikes!

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 13:59:21 -0400
Subject: Kate Maniacs! Yikes!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

IED was alarmed to read the following:

 > As far as being "rude, juvenile, intolerant and uncouth,"
 > YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT, MR. POLITICALLY CORRECT!! I am
 > also whole-heartedly starstruck, utterly devoted to The
 > Lady, possibly rabid and completely mad!
 >     If the posers have read the faq(s) they would know
 > that what Kate needs is more "fucking Kate Bush maniacs."
 > THAT WOULD BE ME, FOLKS!  I am unabashedly crazy about her
 > words and music. Her art has changed my life. I am
 > inspired in my art BECAUSE OF HER.  I strut and I am proud.
 >     Kate, count me as one of the faithful.
 >     I am all yours .... [etc.]

     What have IED's youthful peccadilloes wrought?!

     Strut? Proud? Good heavens.  IED's indiscreet
suggestion (of many years ago, now) was generated out
of humility (however poorly expressed), not pride. IED
considers himself but a lowly engineer in the corps of
Kately Orgonauts, laboring humbly (and nowadays pretty
quietly, too) in behalf of the worldwide refraction
of her clear blue ray.

Oh, and IED does not, so far as he is aware, strut.
Strutting is vulgar. Please, friends, don't hold
IED accountable for the sentiments expressed by the
above writer.

Meanwhile, may he suggest that we reconsider the
inclusion of the "maniacs" direction in the FAQ,
which someone, no doubt in a spirit of humor,
put there a long time ago?

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
   S        R         I