Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My first time.....really

From: "J.A.Harkness" <J.A.Harkness@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 09:40:40 +0100
Subject: My first time.....really
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi people,

Being as there are a 'few my first time' stories going around I
thought I'd share mine.......sounds stoopid but it's actually very
true.....

The week before Wuthering Heights was released, Radio 1 was promoting
it, as they do, and the very first time I heard it was in the recovery room of a
dentist, no really.....having just had several teeth out and being
somewhat the worse for wear thanks to the influence of the gas, I was
quite calmed by the sound of this ethereal, angelic sound emanating
from the  radio.....made all the more ethereal by my stunning lack of
coherence at the time.......

I assumed it was one of those brilliant songs you hear in your dreams
and wish you could write down 'cos you  just know it'd make a
million.......then forget instantly.    Well this one didn't let go
and a week later  Radio Luxembourg had it as their 'PowerPlay' .
Every Hour on the Hour.....   I was gutted because it wasn't 'my
song', but thrilled that it really was every bit as good as I remember
it!    sigh........

This of course sparked a love which has stretched from that moment to
this......with the exception of 'Babooshka', of course....hehehheheh!

.......and no I DON'T mean that Kate reminds me of a trip to the
dentist.......although my family would claim otherwise.....  ;-)

Take Care

Will Yum!