Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

recommendations

From: Micah003@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 17:36:46 -0400
Subject: recommendations
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I am 16 yrs. old and a recently enrolled KateManiac.  I have heard little
pieces of her music off and on over the past few years, but nothing really
caught my attention. I suppose this is because I wasn't truely listening.  A
few months ago I heard Babooshka, and the song intrigued me, so, I pulled out
a copy of TWS which my mother had and listened to a few more songs.  After
listening to a few songs, I was hooked.  I couldn't stop playing that CD and
I still listen to it almost everyday.  I make all my friends listen to it,
and I have only been able to convert one into a true KateManiac, everyone
else thinks I've lost.  If I could only meet one musician in my life, it
would be her.  This is very unusual for me, because if I were to generalize
my musical taste I would have to say it was grunge.  I have never been so
taken by an artist of any type.  Her voice was just so captivating, her image
so sensual, her lyrics so powerful that I couldn't get enough of her.  Now I
know I need to get some more Kate and fast.  My only problem is what to get.
 If anyone can suggest anything, I would greatly appreciate it.  To give you
an idea of what I am looking for, my favorites are:

Cloudbusting
Wuthering Heights
Army Dreamers
The Dreaming
Babooshka
Breathing
HoL
Sat In Your Lap  ***current favorite
RUTH

I have also heard the TSW disc, but didn't like it as much.  I'm not saying
it still wasn't incredible, but I didn't like it AS much.