Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: advice needed

From: "Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 22:14:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: re: advice needed
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

you know, i probably have 8 kate mix tapes, all around various themes. one is a
mixture of demos and live stuff from the odeon double pack. another is my kate
sex mix, running the gamut from feel it to song of solomon with 90 minutes
worth of sensual stops in between. but my fave mix, and the one i play
practically every day in my car, is from before i had the boxed set, before TRS
and any of its singles and b-sides came out, before i even had anything on cd
except aspects of the sensual world.

this mix is my kate england mix, so called because i wanted to cram as much as
i possibly could onto a 90 minute tape to bring to london when i lived there
for the summer. i played in non stop and my flat mates couldn[t believe this
yank who was daft for a has-been pop star (their analysis, not mine). anyway,
that was two years ago and i[m still listening to this mix. when i hear a kate
song that[s on the mix, i always expect the next song to be, not what follows
it on the original album, but what follows on my england mix.

i have the infant kiss and night scented stock, and after the first little
click of army dreamers, it seguays into rocket man. . . . when i listen to NFE
and hear army dreamers it always gives me a start.

and surprisingly enough, stuff from the dreaming goes well in between songs
from lionheart and NFE. . . youd think the stylistic shifts would be jarring,
but theyre not. it makes you realize the logical outgrowth that the dreaming
was from her earlier work . . . .

anyway. long live mix tapes.