Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Watching you without me

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 14:34:48 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Watching you without me
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Steve ZPJ <zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk> on "16 May 1995 17:14" replied:
> On the back cover of HOL, Kate is supposed to be Ophelia in a lifejacket, and
> not a witch.
>    Ophelia was in love with Hamlet who pretended to be mad to get rid of her.
> She then went mad herself. She drowned in a river that she used to put flowers
> into as a message to people (the flowers not the drowning). The picture itself
> is inspired by a painting by John Everett Millais.

Thanks for the info, interesting stuff, which I sort of half knew,
well more like 1% knew!
Although, I thought you are not supposed to drown in a lifejacket! ;-)

Does not quite answer my question about the mistake in not having the
photo off the HoL LP. Maybe this is quite standard practice by EMI!
Maybe someone has said something about this, but my newsfeed to r.m.g
is so delayed, and I'm having a hard time contacting someone to get
myself on the email-list. I wonder if whoever will read this can put
me on (please), "each one delivered individually" type of list, thanks!

Another (minor) complaint I do have about that album is the lack of
numbers on the CD version. Most CD booklets have some numbering so that
the CD track you most like can be seeked to by looking in the booklet.
The LP does have numbering on the little paper circle stuck on the LP,
starting from 1 on each side. Oh well, maybe a EMI-ism (again).
I've written them in for myself on my CD book, and on the backcover,
you have to take the CD case apart to get at this bit.

I like the content (of course), probably my favourite (hmmm, maybe
N4E is really) overall. I am NOT saying that the other KB albums are
no good, they are all great, but everyone has favourites. My favourite
track is probably "Pull out the Pin" on "The Dreaming", but it depends
how I'm feeling, you know?

			Bryan Dongray

Still looking into how to get a black T-shirt made with the image of
an astronauts glove held up mostly covering an image of the Earth,
with the words above/below it saying "Peek-a-boo, little Earth". The
imagery of that song (to me) is so strong (well so are lots of the
others too, but that one stuck in my mind). Feel free to do this for
yourself, remember to put in small extras, like the glove would have
to have a flag on the cuff - guess which - no not a country flag!