Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wuthering Heights Old vs. New

From: DSearch@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 14:38:50 -0400
Subject: Wuthering Heights Old vs. New
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Craig at the Algonquin Library posts:

<<How does this "new vocals" edition compare with Kate's first recording of
this
song on an earlier album (all I have so far is "The Whole Story"?). Did Kate
do other versions of Wuthering Heights on other albums? Which version do fans

think is the definitive one?>>

Dunno 'bout fans in general but I prefer the new vocals.  The original
recording was Kate's monster smash #1 single in the UK and was the cut that
launched her career there.  It can be found on her first LP, The Kick Inside,
along with many other fine cuts.

BTW, the UK pressing of TWS CD sounds quite a lot better than the US.

-- David :)