Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wuthering Heights newbie Q

From: referenc@alk.nslsilus.org
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 19:28:21 UNDEFINED
Subject: Wuthering Heights newbie Q
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I first heard Wuthering Heights as covered by Pat Benatar and thought it was
pretty good. Then I heard Kate's "new vocals" rendition of the song on "The
Whole Story" and was blown away. Pat sings about Cathy; Kate IS Cathy!

How does this "new vocals" edition compare with Kate's first recording of this
song on an earlier album (all I have so far is "The Whole Story"?). Did Kate
do other versions of Wuthering Heights on other albums? Which version do fans
think is the definitive one?

Thanks for the info.

Craig at the Algonquin Library