Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Song not mentioned in the FAQ...

From: James@absfabs.demon.co.uk (James Hogan)
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 20:33:01 GMT
Subject: RE: Song not mentioned in the FAQ...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Steve Frank was talking about the song "England by Leotard".

The album I have is the "Not the nine O'clock news" "Hedgehog sandwich" by
BBC records 1981.

Indeed the entry states "England my leotard" (Kate Bush)/Kate Bush Music Ltd.
sub pub by EMI Music LTD (Lyrical pastiche Peter Brewis). Now I no longer have
a record player (Just CD and Tape) so can not check it out until I get round a
friends, But I am certain this is sung by Pamela Stephenson. Maybe Kate had to
give permission for the song to be published. If you look at the other "songs"
recorded on this album, they do not state who is singing them.
I saw the episode when this went out and it was Pamela acting and singing. The
record is a take off of "Oh England my Lionheart" and "Them Heavy People".

steve0. Re you info on sending email to postmaster@ etc. if someone has sent an
unwelcome post. Beware, accounts like mine allow my machine to be a node on the
internet via my internet provider. So sending a message to
postmaster@absfabs.demon.co.uk, comes to me !!!

James